By being on this website you agree with the following:
Terms and Conditions of Use
The website available at https://psychnest.org, including each of its subdomains and sections (“Website“), is owned and operated by Psych Nest (“Psych Nest“).
By accessing the Website, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms“), all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from accessing this site.
1. Purpose of Website
Through the Website, the user can search content, such as book summaries from psychology books (“Content“). The Content is intended to be used as an aid for mental health professionals and their clients, but never as a replacement for a professional diagnosis, psychotherapy, or other treatments. The Content does not constitute medical advice and does not establish a therapist-client relationship. Professionals who use this Website should not practice outside of their competency, and they should defer to their own professional judgment.
We take consideration in making the language we use original and unique. We are not writing in competition with or supplanting demand for the original works. Thus, every summary has a link to obtain the original book at the end. We always recommend the original works as they offer more in-depth examples, explanations, and references. Our goal is to give you a snapshot in our own interpretations and never the entirety of the book. We do not claim any sponsorship by the original authors.
We hope that by giving mental health professionals an easy way to discover new psychological approaches, theories, and ideas, Psych Nest will bring authors more readers and help get more great books noticed and read.
If you’re an author and would like to receive additional exposure by having us summarize your book, then please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Use License
Permission is granted to use and share the Content of Psych Nest during the course of education, the treatment of mental illness, or the treatment of any other medical condition. These terms grant a license for
- The Content may not be modified.
- The Content may not be included in a database, archive, any other media product, collection, or library for distribution or resale, or used in any way that could limit future visits to the Website.
- The Content may not be sold or sublicensed.
- The removal of copyright or other proprietary notations from Content is prohibited.
This license shall automatically terminate if the user violates any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Psych Nest at any time. Upon terminating this license, you must destroy any downloaded Content in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Users who are registered as a “Members” may download book and audio summaries, which carry a modified license.
The Content on the Website is provided “as is”. Psych Nest makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Psych Nest does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the Content on its Website.
In no event shall Psych Nest or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the Website, even if Psych Nest or a Psych Nest authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
5. Revisions and Errata
The Content appearing on the Website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Psych Nest does not warrant that any of the Content on its Website is accurate, complete, or current. Psych Nest may make changes to the Content contained on the Website at any time without notice. Psych Nest does not, however, make any commitment to update the Content.
Psych Nest has not reviewed all of the links available on the Website and is not responsible for the content of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Psych Nest.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the Website shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. User Accounts
To access some Content, the user must create an account by providing an email address and password. The user is responsible for providing and confirming a valid email address where they will receive notifications about their account. The user is solely responsible for keeping their account information up-to-date.
The user must protect and keep confidential the account password and must not disclose it to third parties. The user must neither allow other users to access the Content through the user’s
The user is responsible for all operations carried out through their account through any device. If the user suspects that another user is using his account, he/she should immediately inform Psych Nest.
Psych Nest may suspend or cancel the account of the user if it believes that the user has breached these Terms.
If you are not 100% satisfied with a purchase, within the first 14 days, contact email@example.com to request a cancellation of your most recent subscription bill.
11. Closure of the Website
Should the Website be permanently closed, Psych Nest will refund users who have active paid subscriptions in an amount that is proportional
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Psych Nest, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are
thoughtfulabout the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our website.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is stored, shared, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
What This Policy Covers
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Website, to communicate with you, or to make our Website better.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us, and automatically through operating our Website.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a Psych Nest account to provide a name and email address–and that’s it.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–such as a subscription to a Psych Nest plan–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide
usinformation when you respond to surveys or communicate with our support staff.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Website–for
example,when you update your account information.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Website. For example, we collect information about how many worksheets are downloaded, or which interactive therapy tools are most popular. We use this information to, for example, provide our Website to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Website, so we can make our Website better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Website from certain geographic regions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Website–for example, to set up and maintain your account, or charge you for any of our paid services;
- To further develop and improve our Website–for example by adding new features or content that we think our users will enjoy;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Website, which helps us improve our Website and make it easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Website after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Website, protect the security of our Website, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Psych Nest and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Website;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Psych Nest and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Psych Nest and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Website, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our Website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Website, to improve our Website so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Website, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Website, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Website to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, and email support services that help us communicate with you), and those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns). Other vendors are listed in our more specific policies
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Psych Nest, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Website and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about visitors to the Website, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 365 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to the Website and investigate issues if something goes wrong.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Website–for example, paid subscriptions–may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Psych Nest, with the drawback that certain features of the Website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Website, you can close your account (contact us for account closure; see How to Reach Us below). Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach us